THE GREETERS OF LOIX – RÉ ISLAND
COME FOR A GREET WITH A LOCAL
Discover Loix in the island of Ré with one of its inhabitants
Loix, peninsula in the island of Ré is a village with a preserved and authentic environment. This village with a rich heritage is discovered by a beautiful road crossing the salt marshes or at the slower pace and closer to the nature of its bike paths.
The Greeters, these passionate and volunteer locals, will meet you and share with you, during a free visit the typical places, the hidden treasures, habits and anecdotes that envelop their village.
How to take a Greeter walk in Ré Island?
YOUR WALK AT LOIX
The Greeters of Loix will be happy to share their enthusiasm with you during a walk (about an hour and a half) rich in discoveries and exchanges. Depending on your interests, several itineraries are offered. In your application, tell us what you are interested in and we will do our best to satisfy you according to the availability of our volunteers! Here are some themes of walks led by Greeters de Loix:
– the old village of Loix
– From the Church to the port, what does the name of the streets reveal to us?
– Rural Law to Tourism
– the island of Loix and the sea
– One tonne visit (traditional hunting hut)
– Loix: the grand tour between and marshes.
How do I book a Greet?
- Fill out the form (click right) if possible a few days before your visit date
- We put you in touch with a greeter available and that best matches your interests
- Together, you set an appointment and a schedule that suits you.